Saturday, July 02, 2011
Birthday
On June 20, 2011 I turned 56 years old. That day, my bicycle odomoter turned over at 10,000 miles on the way to work. Not exactly sure when I started the odometer, but a milestone never-the-less. My goal is to add two thousand miles in 2011.
With a job change to Sun Prairie in 2009, I thought my bike commuting days were over. But, after six months, I had to find a way. Not as pleasant as the ride over to Fish Hatchery, but being able to bike is still a huge bonus. The over-twenty mile round trip is on some quite busy roads, so I now wear a spiffy orange vest to be more visible.
With a job change to Sun Prairie in 2009, I thought my bike commuting days were over. But, after six months, I had to find a way. Not as pleasant as the ride over to Fish Hatchery, but being able to bike is still a huge bonus. The over-twenty mile round trip is on some quite busy roads, so I now wear a spiffy orange vest to be more visible.